
Tonight we tried out our Rotisserie! I had always meant to, and tonight I finally did. I remember that we often had roasted chicken for dinner (which I got for $4.99 at Safeway) on the way home from work. It was fairly inexpensive and the kids loved it! The chicken was about the same price (plus the cost of the gas to cook it) but tasted SO much better! I did no preparation other than stabbing it onto the skewer.

I have decided that living here has made me a better cook - no fast food, no restaurants, and always trying to stretch the food budget. (Fresh foods are fairly inexpensive here, but meat is about the same or more, and boxed and canned goods are more.) The kids are impressed, at least.
1 Comments:
Oh, Jeanine. I just love reading about your adventures. I don't have time to read this very much, but when I do, it is so exciting. We're all living vicariously through you;) Live it up, babe. Your writing is so much fun to read, and your vulnerability and childlike excitement at new things are refreshing. I love it!
Krissi
Post a Comment
<< Home