Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter!!!


It's Happy Easter at the Selix house!!


...and our Easter is as close to traditional as we can get (no ham, though). We dyed Easter eggs (and our neighbor girls joined us in the fun, along with the girl's teacher, who was prolific with her crafty egg designs!) I managed to pull together Easter baskets (with help from Manya's Easter Package in the mail, and a kind neighbor's last minute trip to the store for baskets and candy - THANKS!) and I even stayed up until the traditional wee hours (right Mom?) making Easter bread and Hot-Cross-Buns (thanks to a downstairs neighbor for lending a midnight oven so I could get everything cooked and not be up until three AM). Now I am wondering if it is going to rain (like it does in the NW just in time for Easter, so that everyone/everything gets soggy during the egg hunts). I heard that you guys had 80F weather on good Friday, but they predict rain for Sunday!

5 Comments:

At Sat Apr 07, 06:33:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jeanine said...

(Wow! That was a seriously parenthetical blog entry!(ENOUGH ALREADY!!!))

 
At Sat Apr 07, 06:43:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left the first comment on your own blog. Interesting strategy.

Glad I could help warm your...oh, Happy Easter!

(Sorry, couldn't resist, what with all the comments on my post about advertising.)

 
At Sat Apr 07, 06:55:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jeanine said...

Yes, I am trying to increase my stats on your fantasy blog league....


And Happy Easter to you too - thanks for the Bunny joke, it made me laugh!

 
At Sun Apr 08, 12:31:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baskets look great and the hot cross buns look even better than Great Harvest's! Good Job --You're a champion Mommy. Mom

 
At Mon Apr 09, 10:55:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jed Carosaari said...

You eat ham for Easter usually?

Good Friday was a heat wave here, in the 70s. By Saturday it had started to drizzle, and Sunday was indeed rainy. Today is high winds. And rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home