End of Year Performance
Our school year is almost over and we just finished putting on a big "spectacle" (say it with a French accent or just say "perfomance"). Here are some shots from the evening:
Here we have a group of giggly girls during the pre-show preparations in the theatre (L-R, a fourth grade friend, a third grade friend, Abby, and in front is Gillian)
This is a shot of backstage... the, uh... staging area (pun intended). Where all 1-4th graders warmed for their montage from the musical "Peace Child" The Wanawanakikis wore yellow (Gillian and Abigail were in yellow) and the Sopongis were in red. Be sure to notice the breakdancing (thanks Zak - glad you found an outlet for all that energy)in the front right.
Here is a short clip of one of the songs during the show. Can you pick out my girls in yellow?
Stevens classes were performing strictly in French and Arabic which, added to the stagefright, was overwhelming for him - so he guarded the changing rooms backstage and was Mommy's little "helper" while I ran around madly doing all the things that drama teachers do backstage... "Miss I need a rubberband for my hair!!" (I volunteered mine and found bobby pins in the bottom of my makeup bag to pin my hair up with) "The woodcutter needs a beard, the cat's need whiskers, and "The Haj" needs a darker moustache!" (makeup kit on hand, I remedied the situation) "Miss! My pants are falling off and I am about to go on stage!" (bobby pins whipped out of hair and used to attach pants (without belt loops) to belt) ...and then there was the time that I happily gave up one of the safetypins keeping my own pants up to save the modesty of a student in the audience whose dress was ill-fitted. Luckily I made it through the night without exposing more than a bad hairdo.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home