Movie shoot (second location)
On the way, 2nd day of shooting for the film. This time we had a much later starting time - noon instead of five thirty in the morning! I also decided to ride along in the bus instead of taking our own car - this was a very good decision on my part because I got to relax and enjoy the scenery AND I didn't have to worry when we pulled over for directions several times!
When we arrived they hurried Steven into his new outfit (we brought the jeans, which we borrowed from another family) only to discover a bit later, that they didn't need the new costume, but needed Steven in the old costume for continuity of the shot. So, then he changed again.
As we were headed out the door, I was a bit exasperated with Steven because he had wanted to bring an entire backpack full of toys, and I was worried that there would be a huge mess to clean up and move every time we had to hustle to the next shot - but it was a real blessing in disguise because we had to wait for over five hours before they were ready to shoot the scene. So all the bits and pieces were enough to keep him occupied most of the time. We also brought our portable DVD player which keeps coming in handy (thanks again Manya and Papa) and it helped him to quietly spend the time until he hooked up with a new friend, Othmane, and they played together the rest of the time.


3 Comments:
So did Steven have any dialog in the movie, or just shots?
It looks like a great experience. Way to go Steven and "mom"!
Any new shoots?
nope, but he has grown a few leaves...
Post a Comment
<< Home